Thursday, February 5, 2015

Girl Scout Camp

This last weekend Liz and I had the opportunity to go to Girl Scout camp together.  It was much needed time for just the two of us to spend together.  She has been going through a rough time lately of not acting like herself and being mean to her siblings.  I almost canceled going since she has been acting so horrible but really I think the weekend together is just what she needed.  As a parent I sometimes forget that kids have feelings too and they aren't perfect all the time.  There are other issues and struggles that kids go through and we are here to guide them and show them how to deal with those issues and hard moments in life.  I often times have to remind myself the same things.  When I am feeling irritated and stressed I often take my feeling out on those closest to me, Andrew and the kids, and I often need to listen to my own lectures that I give the girls.

Here are a few pictures of our wonderful weekend together.

The path to our cabin.


The girls working in small groups preparing a skit on conflict and resolution.
It was a bit chilly but a beautiful weekend to spend in the woods.

The girls performing their skit.

Working on her story stick.  All the girls sticks were put together to make a story quilt.
The weekend was all about girls making their own stories in life and taking them back into the world to share with others.

Playing the game froggy.  Elizabeth's new favorite game.

 We both had a great weekend meeting new friends and spending time with each other. Now that she is getting older we wont have as many opportunities to go to camp just the two of us so I enjoyed the time as much as possible.  The best part was no cell service and technology and spending the weekend in the mountains with just Elizabeth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment